Date(s): Wednesday, January 04, 2017
Hours: 8:00 AM
Event: 2017 Mower County Habitat Pheasants Forever Scholarship
CONGRATULATIONS TO SARA KASEL our 2017 $1,000 Scholarship winner.
Mower County Habitat & Pheasants Forever
Download form to the right, fill out completely and mail or e-mail back to:
26398 547th Ave. Austin, MN 55912
1. Students should be graduating seniors in Mower County with a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
2. Students must be either
a. pursuing a career in conservation, natural resources, environmental education, conservation law enforcement, biology, or other related field at an accredited institution of higher education (i.e. Junior College, Community College, Technical College, College or University), or
b. pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher education AND very active on a personal level in conservation/habitat-related community and/or extra-curricular activities.
3. Students must demonstrate leadership skills and the motivation to participate in extra-curricular activities.
4. Students must demonstrate a commitment to and passion for conservation and improvement of wildlife habitat.
5. Students must submit an autobiography and essay supporting Requirements 2, 3 and 4 above. (See application for details).
6. Two letters of recommendation must be attached to the application.
7. High schools/students must submit completed applications and attachments to the Mower County chapter by 02/10/2017 to the name and address listed on the application.
8. Employees of Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever and their family members are not eligible to apply. (This restriction does not apply to volunteers and family members of volunteers.)
1. Eligible applicants will submit application packets to the Mower County chapter by 02/10/2017.
2. Mower County chapter officers will review student qualifications and select the local chapter winners by 02/17/2017.
3. The Mower County chapter will notify winner via the phone number provided by the student.
DISBURSEMENT OF FUNDS:
Students may use their $500 scholarship for tuition, books, fees and housing at any accredited institution of higher education. This will ensure the greatest benefit to the recipient and avoid violation of eligibility requirements.
The Mower County chapter will present the checks at their annual banquet 02/25/2017 at the Holiday Inn.