Date(s): Friday, April 15, 2016
Hours: 12:00 AM
Event: 2016 Mower County Habitat and Pheasants Forever Scholarship
Mower County Habitat & Pheasants Forever
2016 SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
1. Students should be graduating seniors who live and/or attend school in Mower County with a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
2. Students must be either
a. pursuing a career in conservation, natural resources, environmental education, conservation law enforcement, biology, or other related field at an accredited institution of higher education (i.e. Junior College, Community College, Technical College, College or University), or
b. pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher education AND very active on a personal level in conservation/habitat-related community and/or extra-curricular activities.
3. Students must demonstrate leadership skills and the motivation to participate in extra-curricular activities.
4. Students must demonstrate a commitment to and passion for conservation and improvement of wildlife habitat.
5. Students must submit an autobiography and essay supporting Requirements 2, 3 and 4 above. (See application for details).
6. Two letters of recommendation must be attached to the application.
7. High schools/students must submit completed applications and attachments to the Mower County chapter by April 15, 2016 to the name and address listed on the application.
8. Employees of Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever and their family members are not eligible to apply. (This restriction does not apply to volunteers and family members of volunteers.)
1. Eligible applicants will submit application packets to the Mower County Habitat and Phesants Forever chapter by April 15, 2016 .
2. Mower County chapter officers will review student qualifications and select the local.chapter winner by April 30, 2016 .
3. The Mower County chapter will notify the winner via the phone number provided by the student.
DISBURSEMENT OF FUNDS:
Students may use their $500 scholarship for tuition, books, fees and housing at any accredited institution of higher education.
DOWNLOAD THE FILE TO THE RIGHT, FILL IT OUT AND MAIL YOUR PACKET OF INFORMATION TO:
26398 547th Ave
Austin, MN 55912
by April 15, 2016
Austin Holiday Inn
1701 4th Street NW Austin (Map Location)
Host: Sue Thorpe / Mower County Habitat & Pheasants Forever
Host Email: email@example.com
Host Phone: 507-279-0374
Download this documnent, fill it out completely and return to us via e-mail or standard mail.