Date(s): Tuesday, February 09, 2021
Hours: 8:00 AM
Event: 2021 Annual Youth Scholarship
Mower County Habitat & Pheasants Forever
SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION SHEET
1. Students should be graduating seniors in Mower County with a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
2. Students must be either
a. pursuing a career in conservation, natural resources, environmental education, conservation law enforcement, biology, or other related field at an accredited institution of higher education (i.e. Junior College, Community College, Technical College, College or University), or
b. pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher education AND very active on a personal level in conservation/habitat-related community and/or extra-curricular activities.
3. Students must demonstrate leadership skills and the motivation to participate in extra-curricular activities.
4. Students must demonstrate a commitment to and passion for conservation and improvement of wildlife habitat.
5. Students must submit an autobiography and essay supporting Requirements 2, 3 and 4 above. (See application for details).
6. Two letters of recommendation must be attached to the application.
7. High schools/students must submit completed applications and attachments to the Mower County chapter post marked or delivered by May 17,2021 to the name and address listed on the application.
8. Employees of Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever and their family members are not eligible to apply. (This restriction does not apply to volunteers and family members of volunteers.)
1. Mower County chapter officers will review student qualifications and select the local chapter winner by May 28th.
2. Two scholarships for the amount of $500 each will be awarded.
3. The Mower County chapter will notify winner via the phone number provided by the student.
Please download and fill out the document to the right and return it to:
Contact Name: Sue Thorpe
Available: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
26398 547th Ave, Austin MN 55912 (Map Location)
Host: Sue Thorpe
Host Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Host Phone: 507-279-0374
2021 Annual Youth Scholarship